Sunday 12 August 2012

Bali journey comes to an end

After an incredible eight days exploring some of the beautiful island of Bali, it has come to an end far too quickly. I am now home, and as many of you could relate, it takes no time at all to slot back into the hustle and bustle of life in the city.

There has been a lot of work to do on return, but just taking it one step at a time, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I finished off a few of my own sketches, which is a luxury for me when I take a group, as my time is spent instructing and not sitting doing my own work.

So I thought I would share a few of my latest sketches with you - as a final farewell to Bali for another year. If any of you readers are interested in doing a Bali Sketching Holiday, join me next September. Details will be on my Holiday Sketching website.


Wonderful sketching subjects:
An evil Barong character.  Quick sketches are initially done with pen. Colour is then applied. This is an excellent way to work, as if time does not permit the sketch to be coloured, it can be done at a later date from working references.


A temple protector. This is a simple black pen sketch with a tonal watercolour wash to give it interest and form.
Wonderful food, and more sketching subjects:-

The food presentation is a feast for the eyes, as well as the palate. Never let a sketching opportunity pass you by, as you may never be this way again....
Wonderful scenery - and this is the last pen and watercolour sketch I did on the last day of the trip. We were staying at the magnificient Rama Candidasa Spa Resort on the east coast of Bali, which is well away from the very busy tourist destinations. What a special way to unwind and relax as we used this hotel for 3 nights as a base to explore more of the area.

This beach was right next to our hotel

And no trip to Bali would be complete without a enjoying a final dinner sitting on the soft sands of Jimbaran Beach, and watching the glowing orb of the sun sinking into the sea.

The setting sun at Jimbaran Beach

This trip to Bali is gone - but not forgotten - and I look forward to more great experiences next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment