Monday 27 October 2014

Perth Workshop

Spent a week in Perth teaching a botanical art workshop. Karen Frankel runs a teaching art studio in Morley and kindly allowed me to use her studio for my 5-day workshop. I was thrilled with the venue; great facilities, great light, and a really great group of motivated students, all with fascinating subjects.

Here are a few images from my week. I am sure they all learned a lot, as in 5 days I can spend absolute quality time with every student, always ensuring no one receives any more time than the others in the group. I am always mindful what sort of workshop I would like to attend, and it is certainly not where only certain people receive attention. My students are all equal - in all ways.

The group in the workshop

Howard with his very complicated Banksia flower

Hilary painting a Eucalyptus torquata

Jilll's Leucodendron washes

Robyn's colour charts, colour study and first washes of Anigozanthos manglesii     


No comments:

Post a Comment