Thursday 29 November 2012

Dryandra formosa

Now I have moved past the initial foundation stages of my Dryandra painting, I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.
 
 
It is quite extraordinary that now I am working in my new office/studio, I am so much more relaxed, am spending even more enjoyable hours in here and all facets of my work are up to date. It is almost as if I have extra hours in the day.
 
I do not work late at night, but I can now paint until  about 7.30 as the light is so good in my studio.
 
As Christmas is fast approaching, and I leave for New York on 21st December, there are many friends I am making a concerted effort to see, especially those that I do not catch up with regularly. I am sure many of you can relate to that.
 
I should be finished by Dryandra painting this weekend, and would like to try and get another painting done before I leave. When in Queensland recently I collected some very stunning and unusual specimens so they are next on the list.
 
Initial washes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment