Sunday 10 March 2013

Looking at Leaves

Yesterday I taught a botanical art class and we explored the theme of 'Looking at Leaves'. Nothing is truer than "if you can paint a leaf, you can paint the world." (John Ruskin 1819-1900). He was an English philospoher, artist, art critic and author.
 
John Ruskin
 
John Ruskin - some of his botanical images

 
 
My class of 16 students of all levels, did some excellent work yesterday. It gives me enormous satisfaction to see just what can be achieved in a one-day workhop. Teaching adults is extremely rewarding, as they really have a passion for learning.
 
 
Just some of the leaves from the workshop
 

 
 
Someone asked me the other evening what would I do if I wasnt teaching, painting, writing, travelling and involved in my other projects and art career. Without hesitation I replied "exactly what I am doing now - as I love my work which really isnt like work at all."
 
That sums it all up...I suppose being a bit of a workaholic (according to my husband) doesnt hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment