Wednesday 19 February 2014

More Paintings

I have been amazingly busy with painting, firstly for the upcoming Botanica Exhibition at the Sydney Royal Botanical Gardens. The work goes in for selection on 14th March, and the exhbition is open to the public 24 May-15 June. Below is a small preview of one of my paintings. As an artist I try to be innovative and love a challenge.
 
I have been on holidays over January so there has not been much time to complete a few more paintings to add to those I completed prior to Christmas.
 

I have this amazing Begonia growing on my balcony and it never seems to stop flowering and is usually a mass of colour. So what better subject? The background is in graphite and watercolour for the actual flower.
 
 
 
For this exhibition I have worked on mainly Australian natives, but other interesting subjects as well. For all lovers of Botanical Art, the Gardens exhibition should be something special, judging by the painting previews. There will be some very contemporary work there with lots of new artists exhibiting.
 
The other project I am just loving and working hard to my deadline - is a series of Australian native plants to be put on a porcelain dinner set.  There are six paintings in the set and to date I have finished the drawings, ready to transfer them on to the watercolour paper. Then head down to do the paintings. It is exciting work, and I love working to a theme.   More on this commission later.


No comments:

Post a Comment