Thursday 20 December 2012

New York here I come

Tonight is my last sleep in Sydney for the year. Tomorrow morning we fly to New York, and anticipating a fabulous Christmas and New Year on the Queen Mary 2, cruising the Caribbean.
 
 
 
I adore the warmer weather but not so good with cold. However am anxious to soak up the Christmas atmosphere in New York before beginning our cruise. Everyone I have spoken to expresses accolades of New York and with a week there, cant wait!
 
Have packed my sketchbooks and visualising myself sketching some of the fantastic beaches of the Caribbean islands, with clear blue skies, azure waters and balmy sea breezes. Not to mention trying to capture the sights, sounds and atmosphere of New York.
 
It will be a time to relax, re-energise and experience new environments. Definately time to clear the cobwebs of 2012 and begin with a clean slate for 2013.
 
 
 
 
It has been a hectic but as always, rewarding year. I have new projects for 2013, as I love the challenge of creating something new, and seeing it come to fruition. I have workshops and trips away every month except December.
 
I love what I do, so it isn't like work. I am able to choose where I want to go and what I will teach. I have much more flexibility now I am not doing my regular weekly (1 day a week) classes, but still doing plenty of workshops. My life had been revolving around term times and it was becoming a struggle to fit everything in. So after 12 years, and meeting some absolutely wonderful people, who will remain lifelong and special friends, I have now put that part of my life behind me to focus on other areas, all art related of course.
 
I still have a lot of packing and last minute things to complete today, and wont really relax until I am actually on the plane, nestled into my seat. I even have a new project I am going to work on during the long flight.
 
Some fabulous workshops and art tours are in place for next year, so it would be wonderful  to see you there.
 

Holiday Sketching Art Tours where you combine a holiday with sketching
Sketching Historic Beechworth - 16-17 March
Fabulous Fiji where I also combine Botanical Art with Sketching - 15-22 June
Beautiful Bali which never ceases to excite and inspire me. It is an amazing place with wonderful people and incredible sketching locations. 2-9 September
 
 
 India - where we explore both the southern and northern areas, experience some unforgettable sights and have the opportunity to sketch the unique country. 1-13 November.
 
All details on the sketching art tours are on my holiday sketching website.
 
Workshops
23 Feb                Pen & Wash at WEA
9 March              Looking at Leaves - botanical art workshop WEA
1-3 May              Canberra -  Australian Natives 
18 May               Pen & Wash at WEA
25-26 May          Banksias at Beechworth, Victoria
1-5 July             WINTER SCHOOL at Sturt Mittagong.
                           Botanical Art Masterclass with Advanced Techniques
21-22 Sept          Banksias Canberra
 
Details are on my holiday sketching and botanical art websites.
 
So for all of you who have read and followed my blog - I hope you have enjoyed my journey through art and life.
 
As this will be my last post from Sydney, and not sure when my next one will be (I baulk at paying $1 per minute for ship internet access) - but will try and do a post from the Caribbean and definately from New York, before my travels in the US continue.
 
I wish you all the very best for the Festive Season  
and a very Safe, Healthy and Peaceful New Year...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment