Saturday 27 April 2013

Workshop Canberra Botanic Gardens

Yesterday saw the sun setting after a glorious day - and the bats flying directly over our apartment. Some fly so low I feel I could reach up and touch them.

Notice the two bats in the photo. Sometimes there are many many dozens of them.
 
Have been working on my new painting of the Banksia prionotes and making good progress, as much as time will allow. I am working on the detailed areas now, which is my favourite part. I love the meditative experience of botanical painting, as it takes you into another world, where time stands still while you paint away contentedly.
 
In a few days I will be heading off to Canberra, where I am teaching a three-day workshop at the Botanical Gardens on 'Painting Australian Native Plants'. The subjects will be taken (under strict supervision) from the Gardens.
 
I am looking forward immensely to my stay in Canberra and meeting more of the lovely ladies that paint there. I will be sure to take lots of warm clothes as it has been very cold in the mornings and evenings.
 
Here are a few progess photos of my banksia painting.
 
 
 
 

 
and this is where I am now -
 
 
 
 
Not much time to finish this painting before I go - as have quite a bit of preparation to do for the workshop. So near and yet so far.....
 
 
I already have the subject and design in my head for my next painting, which will be something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment